Custom Search

Friday, October 5, 2007

Bulging Discs and Inflamed Sciatic Nerves vs. Reality

I wake up every morning in pain, and I go to sleep every night in pain. Sometimes I wonder, how in the hell did this happen to me? I am young, vibrant, active, energetic...did I mention young? I always said that I didn't want an office job, and I should have listened to my first mind. Don't get me wrong - I love my job. But sitting at a desk all day everyday is the reason why I am so jacked up. I take Vicodin at least 6 times a day, not to mention all the other pills I have to take. I'm either in pain or drowsy/sleepy as hell. Despite it all, I guess things could be so much worse. I could be homeless. I could be poor. I could have no family and no one to love me. I could be without limbs. I could be blind or deaf. I could have a terminal disease. I could be in an abusive relationship. I could be in Iraq fighting a purposeless war. Now that I think of it...things are not as bad as they seem. I have a family who loves me. I have a best friend who loves me. I have a great paying job that I love, along with great co-workers. I have a lovely home. I have an awesome SUV. I have money in the bank and food to eat. I am free from diseases. I have all the amenities a girl could ask for. Most of all - I AM BLESSED! My bulging disc and inflamed sciatic nerve don't seem so bad after all :)

No comments: