Custom Search

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Quencie and Whitney


Being that I am a HUGE Whitney Houston Fan, one would think that I would have seen her perform live, taken some pictures with her, got a hug or something by now - but I've got nothing. Whitney, where are you?? As a child, I wanted to be just like her. I wanted to sing like her, look like her, talk like her - anything Whitney would do, I wanted to do it. So, tell me this? Why didn't I submit a tape to MTV to interview her? That's because I thought she was too huge for MTV. What the hell was I thinking? That would have been the perfect opportunity. But who do I see interviewing Whitney on MTV? Quencie. The girl that I met at Clark Atlanta University a year prior. We went back and forth stating why we were the bigger fan. We asked each other stuff like: What's her show size? What's her favorite color? And we knew all the answers. When I saw Quencie interviewing Whitney, my jaw dropped. I could not believe what I was seeing - the girl I had just recently met. Now, I claim to be the #1 Fan (not according to Quencie - she calls me Fan 1A :)), but when I saw that video, I must have died laughing. I had to give her props - she did the best Whitney interview I had ever seen. She even had Whitney rolling. I could not have imagined anyone else doing that interview but Quencie. Well let's fast forward 7 years. Quencie and I are now best friends. And, I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. So, check out this bomb ass Whitney Houston interview from Quencie Thomas on MTV.

No comments: