Custom Search

Friday, August 17, 2007

Patti Labelle


When you hear a song, don't you want to be touched and taken to that next level? Everytime I hear Patti Labelle sing, that is what happens. She moves me. It is such an emotional and spirit filled experience; an out of body experience. Never have I heard someone sing with so much passion. There is not one single soul that can touch Patti when it comes to vocals. She can sing her ABC's (which she has) and she'll take on you on a emotional journey. Since the age of 13, she has been someone that I've been in awe of. I wish that I could captivate an audience in that way. I can watch her over and over again - and never get tired. I just have to give props where props are due and say that no one does it like Ms. Patti. She will cut, slice and dice anyone that you put before her. And that's what I love so much about her. She doesn't hold back - she gives her all every single time. She will never dim her light so that someone else can shine. Why should she? God gave her that amazing talent and she will keep on keepin' on. That's what I aim to do - thanks Patti for inspiring me! Check her out singing her ABC's - it's dope!

No comments: